Year THREE in Zacango here we come...







Friday, August 14, 2009

Bruce celebrated his first Mexican birthday on July 25 and my neighbors helped me prepare mole for his birthday. As I think I've mentioned on the blog before, mole is somewhat of a delicacy usually saved for special occasions (at least in Zacango). We started the mole the day before the party. We started grinding all of the ingredients (chiles(pictured below), peanuts, sesame seeds, onion, garlic, other spices etc.) at around three in the afternoon and by eight o'clock in the evening we had the mole paste completed. The next day we cooked the chickens and added the mole paste to the broth and meat. It was great to learn and be a part of the mole cooking process. I realized why it is such a special meal!

Bardormiana grinding the dried and toasted chiles.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: