Year THREE in Zacango here we come...







Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cacti

One of the things I love about the Mexican landscape is the abundance of different varieties of cacti that can be found. John and Pat, I thought you might appreciate this picture because here is the cactus that some Zacango girls picked for me when we went on that prayer procession for rain last year at this time. For those of you who weren't here in Mexico last August, you may remember from the blog posts during this time that there was little to no rain. People in Zacango were extremely concerned as their whole livelyhood is attached to the planting and harvesting of maize. This year, however, the rains have been abundant and the maize crops are looking beautifully green.
Needless to say, I was thrilled when my cactus bloomed despite it now being in "captivity." I see it as a sign of the hope and trust that people have in God to provide for them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: