Year THREE in Zacango here we come...







Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Mother's Day began pretty early this year...at about 1a.m. to be exact! Zam's friend Miguel had mentioned something to us earlier in the week about people going door to door and singing to the mom's early in the morning on Mother's Day, but our Spanish isn't good enough to have figured out exactly what he was talking about. So when there was a knock at our door at 1a.m. on Sunday morning, and we opened the door to find a group of young men playing me a mother's day song, it was a bit of a shocker. I don't know if we fully woke up to hear the song and when we woke in the morning we wondered if it had really happened.
A little later that morning, around 8 a.m. the neighbor girls came and pinned decorations to my door and took turns sprinkling my head with confetti (which is SUPER popular here).
And the first picuture is me (no I've not grown, I'm just a little taller than average height here) with the fellow mom's on my street: Ramona, Bardorminana, Patricia, and Violeta. What a day!!! It's great to see all the mother's here being honoured for all the hard work they do!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What an awesome way to celebrate Mothers!! And I must say, you are looking just wonderful Jaime. Glad you felt honored for all the work you do.