Year THREE in Zacango here we come...







Saturday, May 8, 2010

Art Class

We've been looking at Aztec and Mayan designs in the youth art class and a couple of weeks ago we painted the designs onto Mexican roof tiles (tejas). Recently the kids in this class asked if I could help them prepare a dance routine for Mother's Day. They brought me Mexican music videos and showed me the dances they wanted to do. I had a hard time looking at the half naked women shaking their bodies on the screen and kept telling Hizee and Zam to look away. With a slightly reddened face, I suggested that they knew those dances better than I (from watching the videos) and told them they didn't need my help. But they were insistant. Still trying to get out of having to try and move my body like the women in the videos, I then told them I only knew dances for English songs and they said that was fine with them. So for the past week we have been practicing Micheal Jackson's "Thriller" and "The Boot Scootin' Boogie." Hooray for my "Teen Dance" days growing up in Altona! Ha, ha, ha.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: